Unconventional Swimming Pools
Unconventional swimming pools like shipping containers are a trend nowadays. The trend for shipping container pools in Australia is sweeping the nation. These above-ground swimming pools made from upcycled shipping containers are quite popular. Because of their convenience and affordable price tags that is why they become popular.
About shipping containers
Shipping containers, as you know, are large rectangular boxes made of steel. Used for transporting a wide variety of goods on ships throughout the world. But, this is no longer their only purpose.
For several years now, shipping containers are being used in other ways. Offices, sheds, restaurants, and even homes now being fashioned from old shipping containers. This innovative upcycling technique is becoming more and more popular. And now shipping containers are even used to make swimming pools.
The Concept of the Container Pool
They’re designed to be off-the-shelf. Instant swimming pool solutions that are being installed above ground in your backyard. They are quick and easy to install. Requiring very little ground preparation work. As they need a level concrete or gravel surface to sit on. And a connection to an electricity supply.
What are the Main Advantages Of The Container Pool?
The quick and easy installation is one of the main advantages of the container pool.
Pros and Cons of a shipping container pool
· CONTAINERS ARE ROBUST AND LONG-LASTING
· As long as the container is well taken care of, your pool should last a lifetime. And with very little maintenance needed.
· THE SHAPE AND SIZE MAKE FOR GREAT LAP POOLS
· They’re generally narrow and quite long. This shape makes for a near-perfect lap pool.
· CAN BE ABOVE OR BELOW GROUND
· It can hold its own shape with ease. Meaning you can choose to either dig the container into the ground or place it on top.
· THEY CAN BE MOVED
· A container swimming pool can be moved with relative ease at a later stage, especially if it’s above ground.
· YOU’RE LIMITED TO THE SIZE OF THE CONTAINER
· Containers come in a few different sizes, but you’re still limited in how big your pool can be. The width, in particular, will always be very limited.
· NOT NECESSARILY CHEAPER
· Depends on the size and condition of the container, how you choose to install it and what added extras you want. Shipping container pool might end up a little pricier than you pictured.
Finding Contractors with Experience
· You want a contractor with the experience to advise you and guide you throughout the process. This can be an exasperating and tedious task.
And for all your pool needs call My Pool Guy for your pool guy!